The end of this week was a little nutsy. Thursday, we put together the girls' new bed. Of course, when we were all ready to go, we realized that we had box 1,1,&3 instead of 1,2,&3. Crap! I had to drive all the way back to Burbank to get the right box. We got the bed together just in time for Jim to take Lizzie to soccer practice. I stayed home to feed and bathe Mimi and Rachel and prepare for my presidency meeting. They got home and I fed them, sent Lizzie to the shower while Jim and I put the desk together underneath the bed. Then my presidency showed up. In the meantime, my house is a disaster zone with furniture and books all in the wrong places. Bleargh.
Friday it didn't get too much better. We did have fun shopping at Target though. Mostly, I just didn't want to be in my messy house! That evening I went out with a friend. We ate at Presto Pasta and saw "Eat, Pray, Love". Saturday we had an extra kid all day, went to a swim party in the morning and a park birthday party in the afternoon. By Saturday night, I just laid on the sofa and vegged in front of the TV.
Sunday, I left at 9 for ward council, played the organ in sacrament, taught a class the 2nd hour and did sharing time the 3rd hour. Jim had to leave early with Rachel, who had a poop incident. Nice. That evening, Jim and I put together the bookshelf for the big girls' room. So here are some pictures. It's not all put together nicely yet. When it is, I'll post some more. The girls really like their new bed. They love the "My Little Pony" covers and that they get to sleep together.



This morning, we started at Hollywood Beach Elem. to register Miriam. So exciting! Then we headed up to Target to return the hooks that I didn't like and search for an alarm clock. Lizzie really wanted a "bell" alarm clock and we found something even better: a Hello Kitty bell alarm clock!! So cute. Then we ran over to Payless to take advantage of BOGO. We got tennis shoes for the big girls, Lizzie a pair of cute black shoes that were on sale, Mom a new pair of black pumps, a necklace AND a pair of aviator sunglasses. Yea, the kind that I make fun of on people all the time. I tried them on and was hooked!

After Payless, we went to Costco and then met Daddy there for lunch. He picked up his GI Joe collection from the fair, along with his blue ribbon AND a check for....wait for it....eleven dollars! Pretty fun. We came home and Lizzie found a fun surprise; one of our tomatoes had finally turned orange!!!! We haven't had much sun this summer and our plant only gets a few hours anyway. I was thinking we might only get green tomatoes, but we just might be able to eat one! Lizzie was super excited. She loves our tomato plant and is really good about helping me take care of it.

So that's it for now. But it's our last week of summer AND my birthday week, so you can bet it's going to be good!
6 comments:
Fun stuff! What a cute bed! We're thinking of getting bunk beds for the boys when the baby comes. Thanks for supporting Payless :)
Enjoy your last few days of summer!! And happy early birthday :) I like the picture with you in the sunglasses :)
I think the girls room looks super awesome! I love the idea of creating floor space by taking the bed off the floor.
Wow. You guys have been busy! I love the big girls' new room! So do they share a full bed on top? I think that's what the set up looks like. It's nice having the desk space. I bet it makes the room feel bigger. Anyway, I can't believe you guys are getting all ready to start school. I'm not even thinking about it yet since Weston doesn't start until September 9th, but I'm sure that will sneak up on me fairly quickly too. I'll try to call soon. We need to chat!
You are too cool for your shoes in those sunglasses. That should be the logo at Payless. . . congrats on the tomato. I know EXACTLY how Lizzie feels. Trust me! We had this great chicken pita sandwich that incorporated tomatoes. That's the goal this week. . incorporate tomatoes into every dish ;-) (And eat lite. . .however Dad and I were impressed we only gained two pounds over our trip!) Can't wait to see you at the beach PAR-TAY!! I'm working on a great B-day present as we speak . . . that's all I'm saying, don't ask me more.
You mean all these years that I have worn aviators you have been laughing at me! They are the best and mean you are really cool until you start making airplane noises while wearing them. Next season try putting your tomato plant on a box or stand to help it get to the sun sooner in the day. You might try green beans, they are very forgiving and very fun to harvest because there are so many. Looking forward to the beach party.
Post a Comment