Friday, December 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Jim!

We have made it a birthday week for Jim this year. He started off the fun on Tuesday, by trading in his 1998 Ford Escort for a 2007 328i BMW. (I think it was time, don't you?) He is thrilled to be driving a new(er) car that is so quiet and responsive and I am thrilled he's not driving around leaking gas fumes! A few features that he had really been looking forward to are tinted front windows, a REALLY comfortable seat, automatic transmission and a little more get-up and go! It's one of the lower end models, but still nice and we're hoping for at least 10 years out of it (maybe more).

The fun continued on his actual birthday. We had chocolate muffins for breakfast on Wednesday and he had a potluck at work for lunch. He ended up bringing home a TON of leftover rolls, so we postponed his taco dinner to eat sandwiches on rolls for dinner that night. Unfortunately, I totally messed up the frosting for his cake. It was a major bummer, but I promised I would make him another one. He was able to ease his pain by playing his new game that evening.

On Thursday, we went out to dinner with the Ross'. It was a combined birthday for Jim and goodbye Ross' event. We had a great time just visiting and enjoying each others' company. We ate at WoodRanch and I have to admit that I ate ALL my tri-tip and ALL my smashed sweet potatoes. It was just so dang good! When we got home, the Ross' stayed at our house. Everyone tidied up and got the kids into bed, while I took the babysitter home. Then we watched "Eclipse" with the RiftTrack. Still pretty funny. I think we'll have to take a trip up to Utah next year so we can watch the next movie with them too. It was a very fun evening.

Luckily, the fun continues for Jim, as his mom invited us over to her house for German Chocolate cake tonight. (I should take better notes this time.)

No comments: