Friday, July 10, 2009

Birthday Celebration!!

We celebrated Rachel's birthday with a special cupcake and some presents! She did a pretty good job of opening her presents and really enjoyed her new toy from Grandma and Grandpa. I was impressed with her cake eating skills. My other girls didn't get too into their cake when they turned one, but Rachel actually ate quite a few bites. She didn't love having the frosting on her hands and tried to wipe it off on the highchair a few times.


Here's some video of her eating. She kept being distracted by Chloe walking through, looking for scraps. This was the first time I could just sit and enjoy watching my one year old eat her cake. With the first two, I was hosting some sort of event. This time, I let my parents and Jim worry about getting everyone else cake and ice cream, I just sat and laughed with Rachel. A sweet memory.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

SO cute! I love her reaction when she saw the cake part. Like, "wait. What's this? I haven't seen this before." What a fun birthday!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Wow, it's crazy how fast time flies!! Rachel is so adorable - I can't believe she's almost walking!! Looks like you guys are up to lots of fun things as usual - keep having fun!!

Amy said...

The videos were so fun to watch. She did a perfect job for her first birthday and she's an adorable little girl. Glad you could sit and enjoy it, too!