Last night Jim and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. Our actual anniversary landed the day before our trip and I wasn't up for a night on the town. But last night was fun. We tried a new Mexican restaurant and ate way too much!! We shared taquitos rancheros and steak tacos, along with my favorite: beans and rice. Mmmmm...still good just remembering. The plan was to head over to a billiards place to shoot some pool, but the place I remembered was no longer opened. So we headed over to a bookstore. On our way, we passed another billiards place, so we flipped a u-turn and went in.
As far as billiards go, it wasn't too bad. It was still early in the evening, so most people were just lightly buzzed and it wasn't very crowded. We had a good time remembering that we really stink at pool. On the way home, we stopped for some frozen yogurt. We got home in time to give the girls a kiss before they dropped off to sleep. It was nice to then have the rest of the evening to read and play a game together.
I have to keep reminding myself that we're not the newly weds anymore. :( With three kids, a minivan and a mortgage, we are a "young family" now. But we're enjoying this stage of life too. It's amazing to me how well Jim and I work together now. We still manage to drive each other crazy, but the truth is we're still crazy about each other. He makes life good.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I am glad you got to get out for you anniversary! It is always to get away for a few hours from the kids. It is funny how we have hit the "young family" stage of life instead of "newly weds". I have to remind myself of that too. But, I sure love this stage of life as well!
Post a Comment