Monday, July 20, 2009
Random Things
Rachel crawled into my room to show me what she was up to. I turned around and just laughed. Luckily, the camera was right next to me, so I snapped a quick pictures. She has really taken a liking to wearing sunglasses and tries to put them on all the time. I think these were from an "Iron Man" Happy Meal. If you put a pair on her, she'll laugh and bounce like she's the coolest thing ever.
Also, in my efforts to be a good mom and make up for the areas in which I fail miserably (and there are many), the girls and I made these hanging Japanese fish on Saturday afternoon. They were inspired by our visit to the Japanese gardens earlier this week. I'm sorry to say that it didn't go quite as planned because you really need to have LOTS of patience when doing crafts with kids. I only had just barely enough to get through it. But the girls loved their fish when they were done and think they look cool hanging up now, so there you go.
And by the way, Lizzie's bangs are driving me crazy these days!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I'm impressed by those Japanese fish . . .really I am!! I'm also glad to see that picture of Rachel b/c you had to hang up with me to take that picture :-) Eventually those bangs will grow in and one of these days (down the road) she will even be responsible for her own hair!! In the meantime. . . lots and lots of hairspray!!
Wow. I am horrible at doing crafts with Weston. I just don't have the patience or skill or ability to deal with the inevitable mess. The fish turned out really cool though! Way to tie in your cultural outing. :) I definitely think you succeed at many more things than you fail at in mothering BTW.
I LOVE that picture of Rachel. So stinkin cute! And go you on doing a craft with your kids. Not so good at that these days. My patiance are running thin way too fast. It has been a goal to improve for 2 or 3 weeks now. It is just so hard. Why is 3 so much harder? Sigh. I am going to work harder at it though.
Post a Comment