I got some great "me" time this weekend! Saturday morning, I got to go back to bed for an hour and a half!!! (Did I mention that I got up with Rachel at 5:30?!?!) I finally got up and going. I took a long, hot shower and got ready for the day. Jules came up to my house and got here a little before 11am. We then headed up to Carpinteria for our "Fantasy Tan"!!! This was my birthday present to her and also one of my birthday presents. We got the airbrush tan (the same kind they use on Dancing with the Stars). It was so fun and didn't take very long at all. Afterward, we strolled down their mainstreet and found a little restaurant for lunch. It was great to have some uninterrupted time with Jules and our tans turned out fabulous!!! I really am in love with it.
(This was the most "blog appropriate" picture I could find!)
We came back to my house and played with the girls for the afternoon. Jim went to the priesthood leadership session of our stake conference and then Jules headed home. I fed the girls and got ready. Jim came home and then I got to go to the adult session that night. I was so excited to go to a meeting without kids. (I love them, but it's hard to pay attention to much else when they're around.) I took my scriptures and was able to focus on what was being said. It was a great meeting too, each talk was about the temple, but they all had very different topics. I was given a lot to ponder on (and to work on). Sunday, we had stake conference at our building at 9. It was great to be done by 11 with no other meetings. We had a quiet Sunday and I still got a little nap!!
In other me news, I just wanted to comment on how much I still love my insulin pump. I have been without it for a couple days and am really missing it. Sometimes it bugs me to always be connected to it and to always have a sticker on my body, but I have been reminded of how stinkin' convenient it is. There are so many features on it that don't sound like a big deal, but really help me to manage my diabetes better. So next time I complain about my pump, tell me to bite my tongue!
Speaking of myself again, I have been wanting BareMinerals makeup for quite awhile. I finally found a store out here that is comparable to Sephora, called Ulta, and they had a coupon for 20% of your entire purchase. I didn't think I'd find a better deal than that, so I bought the starter kit. And I LOVE it!!! My makeup is quick and easy to do. I feel like my face looks fresh and natural and my skin is healthy. If anyone is on the fence about it, I would say, Go for it!!
Well, I think that's enough about me. I just wanted to get some of those thoughts out there. Don't worry, the next post will be all about the girls. ;)




2 comments:
I like a post about you!! Yea for a good weekend. How fun to get out with Jules and then to go out to the adult session. Brian and I ALWAYS try to go to this. It is so nice tobe without kids and that session is always the best anyways. It is great. I am glad to hear about this make-up. I have been trying to find something I like that I can afford. I willhave to look into it.
Sounds like a fabulous weekend! It's always good to have some "me" time. I'm glad that the fantasy tans turned out good. How long are they going to last? Also, I'm happy that you bought the makeup. Totally worth it! I got your message tonight and I will call you back tomorrow. Can't wait to chat!
Post a Comment