Wow! The time just flies by these days. And I'm not really sure what I've done with it. If I don't plan carefully between getting everyone ready, naps, pick-ups, and drop-offs, and dinner it becomes difficult to get anything done! I remember this sensation at the beginning of last year: each time I took Lizzie to school and picked her up again, it was an ordeal. By about mid-October, I hardly noticed it anymore. I'm still waiting for the "hardly notice it" part of the school year.
There are definitely advantages to having two kids in school on most days AND a baby who takes two naps. I try to focus on those. In the meantime, we do the same things day in and day out with a few fun adventures thrown in here and there.
This weekend, Jim went with his parents to visit his brother. They went to a Fresno St. game and got to see the niece and nephews. While he was gone, the battery on my car died and I got to be rescued by our awesome friends/neighbors/home-teachers. (Did I mention that they rock?) Sunday, Jim's parents came for dinner and the girls had a blast showing off all their fun stuff and getting lovies from Nana and Papa.
Now we're back to the Monday through Friday routine again. I'm looking forward to my first back-to-school night this week, the RS Broadcast this coming weekend, and a huge D-land, General Conf, 10 year class reunion weekend in October! (That will probably wear me out a bit, but will definitely generate some fun posts.)
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Sounds like a mid-September post. Getting into the routine of it all. I didn't take Weston to school today because he was stuffy when he woke up and we all have colds, but I hope he doesn't have to miss Wednesday too. I called you today. Call me back! :)
I hear ya on the drop offs and pick ups. It is hard for me to get it all undercontrol and sadly enough Chase still isn't getting the whole nap thing down around the schedule either. I think we almost have the morning part down, but only kind of. I am glad tohear that at some point I might start just falling into the routine. You are giving me hope. It sounds like you have some fun things to look forward to too! That is always nice. :)
New schedules are hard. I still am trying to figure out how to fit everything in now that shcool has started back up and we have been in almost a month longer than you.
I thought life would get easier when my kids got older. Nooooo. I feel like the taxicab! It's so hard to get anything done when all you do is drive people around! I'm hoping that I'll settle into a routine here pretty soon too. :-)
i am excited for next weekend.. or whatever weeekend general conference is! I love you and am sure you will get into the routine of things pretty soon!
All I have to say is anything we did to rescue you was well worth the reward. Delicious!!!!
I hear ya about the drop-off/pick-up and naps routine. I always find myself debating whether I should let Zander and/or Bryn nap or squeeze an errand in before I have to pick up the other kids. Hmmm...happy kids or food for my family?
Post a Comment