Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to School

After a rocky trial run the morning before, we managed to have a successful morning on the first day of school. The plan is to get everyone dressed and hair done, with Mom in her workout gear, and walking out the door by 7:40. We were ready even earlier the first day so that we could take pictures and get a parking spot at the school. Here are my way too cute girls on their first day of school!!!

Miriam was so excited to wear the "first day of school" dress that Grandma B made.
And Lizzie was thrilled to be able to go on the bigger playground this year.
They always make sure to stand in birth-order! It makes me laugh.
Showing off the backpack!
Showing off the cute buttons on the back of the dress....and making the funniest face!!!
Go Pelicans!!
Rachel patiently waiting.
My sweet girls holding hands.
Cam and Mimi's first day of Kindergarten.
Mimi all ready to go!
Daddy came with us to drop Mimi off (at noon). She was so excited and got to sit at the purple table. She has two friends in her class that she already knows. They had the kids sit on the carpet while the teacher read a story, then they turned around and waved goodbye. Mimi gave us a fleeting wave. She was READY!

Getting back in the car, Jim took some pictures of Rachel and me that turned out pretty cute too.

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

They are darling and growing up way too fast. Mimi looks adorable in her first day of school dress! I love that she chose to where the dress. Lizzie is such a big girl with her backpack. Here's to a great school year!

Shannon said...

Oh too too fun! I love that Mimi was excited to wear the "first day of school dress." I hope it's still in good enough shape for my baby girl to wear it in the very far distant future. :)

They really do grow up so fast. Lizzie's outfit just is so adorable. She looks like such a big 1st grader. I'm so glad that the first day went smoothly for everyone!

Tasha said...

So fun. The girls all looked so cute for their first days. Good luck getting back into the swing of things. I love those last picture of you and Rachel. Super cute.

vdhfamtng said...

Yay for first day of school! The girls look so cute!

Kate said...

They are so adorable. I love the first day of school dress :)

elizabeth said...

Did I really write "where" for "wear"?? Also, Shannon will have her own first day of school dress to put on her little girl. We just have to figure out where (did I use that right?) it is.

Anonymous said...

Good job getting out on time! That is the challenge of school, isn't it? I know it's been a bad morning if I'm driving the kids to school in my pjs and Zander is still in the same diaper he slept in ;)

Your girls look adorable and ready for their first day!