Friday, August 20, 2010

A Good Day

Yesterday was my birthday. I hadn't really made plans for anything major because we are doing stuff today and tomorrow. But I thought maybe we could do a little shopping or something. Plans were changed when Lizzie woke up with a stomach ache; moaning and groaning on my sofa. She really didn't feel good, but there wasn't a whole lot I could do for her. Since we weren't going anywhere, it meant that I didn't have to do hair though. So we lazed away another day. I enjoyed being sung to by and talking with family.

When Jim got home, he asked if I wanted my present right now or later. I really wanted it right away since it hadn't felt like too much of a birthday. He gave me a gift certificate for a 60 minute massage AND the opportunity to go right then! Yippee!! It was exactly what I needed: an escape. I walked in and they didn't have anything available for an hour, so I wandered over to Walmart and picked up a few things that we needed and then went back for my massage. It was great and I felt wonderful afterward.

I came home and Miriam and I put together this puzzle I picked up for her. She had fun doing a big puzzle in Palm Desert, but the big puzzles we have are TOO big. This was perfect; 300 big pieces and one of our favorite movies. Rachel insisted on doing her puzzles too, which kept her out of our hair. When we finished, I took Mimi's picture. Then Rachel said, "Take pi-pur wit pu-pul Ya-yal!!" Translation: "Take Rachel's picture with her puzzle!" As I snapped the first one, she giggled with delight. When I stopped, she asked me to do it again; silly goose-girl!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

A nice break in the middle of the day for a Walmart run without kids and a massage sounds like a great birthday present. Sorry the girls weren't feeling good. I hope you still get to do all your fun weekend plans. Love you!

Tasha said...

Glad it was a good day even though you had a sick kid. I love that Rachel wanted her picture taken with her puzzle too. So cute.