Monday, August 9, 2010

Phew!

It was a busy end of week/weekend. When I got home on Wednesday evening from Palm Desert and went through my 56 unread emails, I learned that Lizzie had her first soccer practice the next evening. I also realized that I was going to need a ceiling fan so the contractor could put it on Friday morning. It was almost 6 and nobody had eaten, so we ran to Carl's Jr. and grabbed some dinner quickly. Then we hustled up to Lamps Plus. I picked out a ceiling fan and light fixture. Then we realized that they could install it for us for cheaper, so we set that up. While I finished the paper work, Jim walked down to 'Play It Again Sports' to get the girls their soccer gear. ***Quick funny: While they were walking, they passed a large toy store. It kept Miriam so fascinated that she walked right into a trash can. Story of her life.*** When I caught up with them, the girls had pink shin guards and were trying on their butterfly and heart cleats. They also picked out soccer balls (pink). We finally made it home just in time for bed.

Thursday was busy with laundry and then a trip to Costco. The girls were dying to go to the park, so we put away the perishables and then went to the park for an hour. We got home in time to put Rachel down for her nap. I got the rest of the groceries put away and continued to work on laundry. Luckily, Jim came home early from work so I only had to worry about Lizzie at her soccer practice.

She did great. She's one of the younger ones on her team, but she's not the only first-timer. Her coach seems really nice and I think she's going to have fun. There is also another girl on her team from our school, which is also nice. My favorite part was when they played 'Sharks and Minnows'. Lizzie usually get her ball taken away fairly quickly. Then on one round, she was a shark first. It took her awhile, but she managed to get a ball away from one of the girls. Then she actually got a second one in the same round! By the time we got home, it was 6:30. Jim had fed the other girls and I got them in the bath while Lizzie ate dinner. Then it was a shower and to bed for the girls, while I went to game night at a friend's house.

Friday morning we got up and out the door for Lizzie's 6 yr check up. I took the girls with me because I wanted Rachel to come to the doctor when it wasn't her turn to be poked and prodded. She was nervous when the nurse came in and again when the doctor came in, but then warmed up and was happy. Lizzie got a clean bill of health and I got Mimi's paperwork so I can get her registered for school next week.

After the doctor's we headed over to Border's to get the girls their free books from the reading challenge Borders had. We read books and all was well until it was time to go. Rachel screamed the whole way to the front, all during check out, and all the way to the car. Not so fun. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning out Rachel's 24m/2T clothes and getting out the 3T clothes. I have the daunting task of cleaning out Rachel's room so that she can actually play in it. It's always been the spare/junk/baby room. Yikes! That night Jim and I watched the first few episodes of "Chuck", which was pretty fun.

Saturday, we got a babysitter at 9am so that Jim and I could go to Ikea. I had already shopped out what I wanted online, but we walked through the showroom too. We ended up getting Jim a shelf for his shoes and a glass display case for his GI Joes. We also got the big girls a new bed and desk. It was a very fun outing. I came home and ordered the rest of the girls' bedding and a new bookshelf for their room. So we have our project all ready to go for next weekend!
Sunday was a normal Sunday. Actually, primary went really well and that made me happy. We had about 8 new kids in primary from the boundary changes and we reached our scripture goal and they were all really reverent and super good! I do love my calling. Jim put together his furniture in the afternoon. It was just a nice day together.

I feel like I'm on the express train to the beginning of the school year and I feel so unprepared. At the same time, I'm really excited for all the fun things this school year will bring. The girls are going to have so much fun doing soccer. Lizzie has got a great start in piano and is really enjoying it so far. Miriam is going to love going to kindergarten and be such a big girl. And I'm hoping that Rachel and I can have some good times together in between all that! So wish me luck as I try to get everything prepped and ready for an awesome school year!!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Phew is right! I'm tired just thinking about all of it. You guys are starting into the busy lives of school age kids. That will be me a couple years. I'm actually pretty excited about it. Sidenote: I think it's hilarious that you are cleaning out Rachel's 24m/2t clothes while I am cleaning out Davin's 12-18m stuff. :) That kid is SUCH a midget. Anyway, I do hope soccer is a success for the girls. I can't wait to see all your fun home improvements/re-decorating!

Olson Family said...

I am with shannon. You exhaust me joy. ;) I love that the girls got girly soccer stuff. So fun! I know it seems overwhelming but i know you, you will have everything ready in time for school..... thats cuz your... SUPER MOM!!!

Anonymous said...

Playing soccer and redecorating are so much fun! I can't wait to see pictures of the girls' new room. I'm looking forward to time alone with Zander too when everyone else starts school/preschool. Let the fun/busy times begin! :)

Jessica said...

I'm tired just reading about all of the stuff that you're doing! Good luck with running everyone around to all of their activities. Let me tell you that it's all just beginning!! :-)