Monday, September 27, 2010

Lizzie Lou

I am desperately in need of getting caught up on blogging. So I think I'm going to go by child for now. :)
Lizzie lost one of her front teeth....FINALLY!!! It's been loose forever and then it was half way out and twisting all over. On Saturday morning, she came in my room at 6am all excited because she had finally twisted it out. I told her to put it on my desk and go back to bed. All day she couldn't wait to put it under her pillow and get another gold dollar. She even prayed that she would get one! The tooth fairy came through and Lizzie added another gold dollar to her collection.
Lizzie has been doing really well in piano this last month. She gets her practicing done in the morning before school and is taking to it so well. It makes my little heart happy to see her learning and growing in music. I also love getting to be her teacher and see her success first hand.
School is also going well for her this year. She is in a 1st/2nd combo and most of her friends this year are 2nd graders. They all eat lunch together and then she meets some of her friends from the other class on the playground. I haven't been in the classroom much yet, but have signed up to help out with a few things in the coming weeks. It's always fun to try and be a fly on the wall.

Lizzie is also becoming more responsible. I have a few piano students this year and they come right after school. I have started giving Lizzie a list of the things she has to get done before she can have free time. She LOVES her list and carries it around with her and crosses the items off. Ahh...a girl after my own heart.

4 comments:

Tasha said...

It is amazing to me how much they are growing up at this age. The things they are learning. Love all her happy pictures with losing that tooth.

Geneva said...

She will be the mother hen of the group of girls.

The Curnow Family said...

Lists get me through the day! ha She's looking so old with no front tooth! ha I love that she's playing the piano, I need to get a key board so I can play! I'm still in love with her cute hair cut my goodness she's cute!!

Whitney and Blake said...

You just have the cutest family! Such pretty smiles!