Thursday, January 6, 2011

Long Vacation

Jim had enough vacation time accrued that he was able to take two weeks off! The week after Christmas we were super lazy and just lounged around and relaxed. We played the new games we got for Christmas (Toy Story Yatzee baby!!) and built legos and colored and watched all the new DVDs (lots of Barbie).


On Wednesday, we took the girls down to the LA temple to see the visitor's center. It was recently refurbished and the last two times we made plans to go, they fell through. I was really happy to have finally made it. We watched all the videos and the girls got to color on the computers. It's set up pretty cute. They also really liked the statue of Jesus. Lizzie wanted to know why it was so big. Rachel keeps asking, "We go see Je'us?"


It was a rainy day, so we didn't walk around the temple too much. But we did stop at Diddy Reese (in Westwood) for some yummy cookies before heading home!

For New Year's, we went out to Nana and Papa's house to celebrate. We got babysitters for the girls though. I bought them crowns, blowouts and poppers to play with before bed, but they had to wait until we left. They were pushing us out the door! They had fun with DeAnna and Airin.


We had a good time with Jim's family too. Mostly we ate yummy food and listened to music and visited. It was a good time. Bill and his crew came into town late that night, so we went back on New Year's day with the girls and played with everyone!

4 comments:

Designing Woman said...

Two comments:

The Barbie DVD's are surprisingly entertaining.

And

I LOVE Diddy Reese...so jealous!

I have been lazy too, but I think its a good thing to do for awhile, we deserve it, right?!

Anonymous said...

You've been a busy little blogger! Christmas and New Years sound like successful events. Glad you had a relaxing Christmas vacation! Isn't it hard getting back into the normal routine?! I'm already looking forward to the next day off of school ;)

Whitney and Blake said...

Sounds like such a nice and relaxing break! Blake and I were at the LA temple that day too! We were in the visitors center around 3:00 and then did a session after...It would've been so fun to see you guys!

Tasha said...

Sounds like you had some fun while on vacation. I have loved our 3 week off. It has been so relaxing compared to the other two. Your girls look cute with their crowns on!