After we put them to bed, Mom and I made a Golden Spoon run and then stayed up WAY too late talking about all sorts of stuff. The girls got up at 6am (of course). I tried to sleep on the sofa while they watched Mickey Mouse...it kind of worked. Mom had to work in the morning, so we took Dad out to breakfast. It was actually a very successful restaurant outing. They had an IQ game at the table that Lizzie loved, and Miriam and Rachel were thrilled to color their menus. Also, I had made sure not to feed anyone breakfast, so they ate all their food and more. It was nice to be able to chat with Dad for a bit and it was a great outing.
The girls played the rest of the day, inside and out. I put Rachel down for a nap and then went to my hair appointment. Ashlee did a great job (as usual); I love my cut and it's great to be blond again. ;)
That evening, Grandma Snowball came over for dinner with Aunt Nancy and Uncle Doug. It was fun to see them and visit for a bit. Unfortunately, Lizzie wasn't feeling very well and had a fever. I got her some Tylenol, but she was having a hard time. After Grandma left, I quickly bathed the girls and put them to bed.
Sunday morning we got dressed and packed up and headed home. Lizzie was still running a fever, even with the Tylenol. Jim had been at his brother's house in Visalia, but was home when we got there. He stayed home from church with Lizzie and Rachel (who needed a nap) and I took Mimi (who had a talk to give in primary). I played the organ and then taught the sunbeams. It was a busy day!




3 comments:
Cute haircut!
How fun ... a tea party, late night girl talk, visit with grandma and aunt nancy/uncle doug and even golden spoon. Can't beat all that! I love the cut and color too:)
Aww I love the tea party! Those were always so fun growing up. Your hair looks super cute too. Hooray for a good cut! That's such a bummer that Lizzie got sick. I hope everyone is feeling better and you are having a good week!
Post a Comment