I quickly wrote up the girls' food choices for dinner and to drink. I took turns seating them at the table. (Liz was a little put out that I wouldn't let her be the waiter, but I didn't have that much patience last night.) After I took their order, I gave them each a coloring page (quickly torn out of a coloring book) and two crayons. They happily colored while I put together their dinner of leftover pizza, scrambled egg and toast, and oatmeal (we're trying to clean out the fridge). I also found a package of blueberries in the fridge, and the leftover watermelon, so I put together a plate of fruit for each girl and delivered their 'appetizer' first. By the time they finished, their dinner was ready and delivered on a tray.
Everyone ate happily and thought it was pretty fun to eat at a restaurant. Miriam kept talking about the polite things you should do at a restaurant. (Our FHE lesson this week was on manners.) And my bus boy cleared the table and did the dishes. It was a great evening!




2 comments:
Cute! Next time you should explain the concept of "tipping" to them :)
How cute are you!! Love it.
Post a Comment