Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Three Day Weekend

Jim came home from PAX River around noon.  We were so happy to see him after being gone all week.  He brought home presents for the girls: Littlest Pet Shop figures, Star Wars figures and a Cars car.  You get to guess who got what!  In the afternoon, we went to the library to get some new books.  The girls each picked a movie and we spent the evening watching out movies.

Saturday, we all slept in and had a little bit of a lazy morning, but then we got going.  Jim came on my run with me while the girls worked on their lists.  Jim and Ryan worked in the backyard until the green waste barrel was full.  There is still some work to do back there, but only so much room in the trash.  Miriam and I worked on her talk and in the afternoon we made CTR pretzels.  They turned out so yummy, Daddy decided we needed more, so I made a second batch!  The girls rode scooters outside and it was just a nice day.

Sunday was busy, but good.  I played the organ and then did sharing time.  It was fun teaching the kids.  After church, we had some down time.  The girls had a rough evening and lost some privileges, but we managed to get the whole house picked up before we went to bed.

Monday was a pleasant surprise.  I had kind of forgotten we had the day off.  The girls still had to practice piano and I still had laundry and vacuuming, but we got it all done.  The girls also had fun with their friends outside.  In the afternoon, I packed popcorn, candy bars and drinks and took the girls to see "The Muppets" at the cheapie theater.  I had been waiting for it to get there and I was not disappointed.  The girls loved it too.  Afterward, Rachel said, "I like the frog that was green and had the necklace."  Miriam's favorite was Miss Piggy and Liz thought Animal was cool.  It was a great walk down memory lane too with the cameos and throwbacks to the original movie and variety show.  I've had Muppet songs in my head ever since.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Ooh glad to hear the CTR pretzels were a hit. Weston wants to make them and they are on my list of things to do this weekend.

Sounds like you guys had a pretty fun long weekend. So glad you got to see The Muppets! I just loved it. I might have to go see it again when it hits the cheap theater.

Pamela said...

It was strange having another day off school so soon after Christmas break. But I wasn't complaining :) Sounds like you guys enjoyed the break, too!

Also, I'm glad to hear that other families have "rough evenings" sometimes, too. We're not alone!!!