I wanted to take the girls to the zoo a couple weeks ago, but it didn't work out. A few days later, I got an email announcing Princess Day at the zoo, so I put it on the calendar. The girls were excited to wear their princess dresses again. I packed the camera and some snacks and we headed out. The zoo opened an hour early for members and we could have gone, we just didn't get ourselves out the door. We ended up getting there a little after 10 and the parking lot and surrounding areas were pretty full! We managed to find ourselves a legal parking spot a couple blocks away and called it part of the adventure.
For all the lack of parking, the zoo itself didn't feel overcrowded. There were people, but we were able to see all the animals and didn't have to wait in lines to see the princesses. The otters had just been fed and were frolicking all over the place. We lucked out that no one was in the bird exhibit when we got there and they were all sunning themselves in the front, instead of hiding in the back! The elephant decided to come out and pose for us and the penguins were out for a swim too. We just had fun seeing our favorite animals as we made our way to the hill top area.
The princess activities were laid out at the top of the hill. The girls
loved the one where they spun the wheel to pick a frog and then had to
hunt for it in the 'pond'. We also met lots of princesses. Rachel was
in heaven. The big girls turned shy as they wanted to participate but
were maybe a little embarrassed. Everyone's favorite was Aladdin
though. They loved that they got to make a wish on the lamp.
We finished our visit by checking out the giraffes, lions and gorillas on the back side of the zoo. We also took the long way past the bald eagles and the California condors. It was just fun. We were a little tired on the way back to the car but on the whole, it was a fun outing. We stopped at the library before finally making it home before 2. I quickly made the girls some lunch and they spent the rest of the playing with friends and relaxing.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
SO fun. What genius idea! So many kids have princess dresses and if not, love to have their picture taken w/ the princesses. at first glance I thought that was Ryan with a crown and I thought, "What a good sport!" ;-). Glad everyone had a great day!! You are such a fun mom!!!
Aww what a fun idea! Glad you ladies went. The girls all look so beautiful in their princess dresses. I have to admit that those zoo princesses need to work on their posture. ;)
Post a Comment