One exciting event was the loss of Miriam's other front tooth! The darn thing had been wiggly for a super long time and she was beyond thrilled to lose it in her semi-frozen cookie. The lazy tooth fairy might have missed her the first night, but caught up the second time. As long as the gold dollar shows up eventually, they are forgiving.
One thing I had promised to do during spring break was to use Miriam's slurpee machine that she got for her birthday and make slurpees. We made them, there was soda everywhere and now I hope I never have to do it again. I will be more than happy to make a slurpee run before I attempt that again. But she thought it was cool.
One of our new meals was nachos with shredded chicken, black beans, homemade (not by me) salsa, and guacamole. Miriam gave it a mid-thumb, but ate two platefuls. If she's hungry, she'll eat anything.
Thursday, we went to the Ty Warner Sea Center in Santa Barbara, but that will get it's own post. Friday, the girls chose lunch at McDonald's and then the park. They played and played and played and played! It was a super fun afternoon. We brought the sand toys and they played in the sand. Then they found the drinking fountain and added water to the fun. Eventually, they turned the playground into an obstacle course and I timed them going through it. The other kids (and moms) who came and went at the park were all friendly and played nicely. It was a perfect day!
Saturday and Sunday was general conference. We had our delicious breakfast both mornings and the girls enjoyed eating and working on their packets. It was a nice weekend.




2 comments:
Reading your post about spring break makes me want summer break to be here soon. Sometimes it's so nice to be lazy!
Sounds like a nice relaxing time. :) and your breakfast plate made my mouth water!
Post a Comment