Well, she did it. I had hoped that maybe she wouldn't, but she did. Liz turned 9 years old. Not quite sure how it happened. I was totally prepared for, excited and expected her to turn 8, but 9 was out of the question. She decided that since she was turning 9, she should also just go ahead and totally grow up over night. Yikes! I'm trying to take joy in her growing independence, ability to do more for herself, and the fun that comes with being a pre-teen because I know it's not always a cake-walk, but there are some fun things that come along with it.
I'll try not to embarrass her too much, but we did have a pretty important talk the week before (initiated by her) and much was explained and defined. There will be more talks like it, but this was the first big one....for her AND for me! I gave her the book "The Care and Keeping of You" for her birthday (which I would totally recommend). We talked about some of the changes that will be happening and some of the new things she will need to start doing to take care of her body--deodorant, hair care, etc.
We did some shopping that week and she asked if she could get a bra. So we started that great adventure. After trying on some regular bras, she realized even though they were cute, the bra-lette fit better and was more comfortable. The plan is for her to switch rooms with Rachel this summer so that she will have her own room. Her sleep habits are so different from Miriam that I'm hoping that will help both of them.
And so, my baby girl is growing up and doing so beautifully. She is healthy and strong, smart and beautiful. She works hard, loves to learn, and wants to do what's right. I love her to pieces and I think I'll go ahead and let her grow up.
Monday, June 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Can't believe our little Lizzie is already 9 years old. She's is growing up to be quite a wonderful young lady!! Love her to pieces!!
Post a Comment