My girls worked hard getting all their box-tops trimmed and ready to turn in. We also went up and down our street asking for sponsors. Our neighbors were very friendly and generous to all three girls.
Then came the big day! I ended up having three kids on three different tracks, but managed to get at least a photo of each one. I marked laps for a group in Miriam's class and just had fun with the kids. It was a pretty warm morning, the kids were wiped out from running and I was hot just from being out there and then cleaning up afterwards. So we went for a Slurpee run to finish off our day!
The group I counted laps for. They knew to come to me each time they went around. These kids are just so dang cute!!!
There was music playing while they were running and that made it very hard for this little girl to run! She mostly danced around the track.
My super Serra student!
Mimi and Chrissy: BFF
I wanted to do a pic of both of us since the one I took earlier didn't turn out, but she wanted to be all by herself. Then she posed for me.
We ♥ slurpees!!!




3 comments:
I love the jogathon! Wish our school did that. I don't like spending lots of money on overpriced wrapping paper when the money doesn't even all go to the school! Glad it was another successful Jogathon year!
I'm with Shannon, I love "a-thons" b/c the money goes right to the cause and the participants get to actually work for it! Looked like everyone had fun participating and Slurpees are always a great prize at the end!
So cute and so much fun! Our school doesn't do a jog-a-thon which is too bad since they are so much fun!
Post a Comment