Thursday, November 7, 2013

More Henshaw Fun!

Miriam got to celebrate her birthday at school on Monday.  She had the birthday banner on her desk and her class sang to her.  Rachel and I brought cupcakes in at the end of the day for her class too.
Rachel has been doing well in kindergarten thus far.  It is a struggle and some days are better than others, but she loves going to school and is learning and progressing.  One of the issues we run into is that Rachel likes to do things her way.  Sometimes that's okay, but sometimes you have to do things a certain way in school.  One of our biggest issues is writing her name!  This is how she likes to write it.
So we finally came up with a compromise where she only has to write it with lowercase letters in two spots on her homework and the rest of the time she can write it in all caps....with a long 'L'.

We had turkey assignments this week also.  Rachel had to disguise her turkey to fit in with our family.  So we made him a BYU football fan wearing #4, Taysom Hill's jersey.  She thought it was great, I thought it was easy....win-win!
Liz had to disguise her turkey as the main character in her book and then write a couple paragraphs for a book report.  She did 'Almanzo' from "Farmer Boy".  Not only did her macaroni straw hat and button suspenders turn out darling, but she did the entire turkey (and report) on her own!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love their turkeys and I'm still chuckling from Rachel's name writing preferences. I'm sure Rachel provides her teacher with lots of funny kindergarten stories to tell. :)

Anonymous said...

美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天