Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day Weekend

The weekend started off Friday morning with an awards assembly at the school.  Miriam earned the reading award for the first trimester!  She has really taken off in her reading skills and even reads on her own time now.
 
This is me rocking a top knot for the second day in a row.  I think my hair is too long...I never want to blow-dry it, so this is what happens...
In the evening, the girls and I finally got to start watching Anne of Green Gables!  They loved seeing the people in the book brought to life and finding the differences between the book and the movie.
Saturday morning, the girls hustled to get their chores done and get packed up.  I left for a baby shower in the morning and Daddy drove them to Nana and Papa's house to spend a couple nights!!!  It was hard to tell who was more excited: them or us!  In the afternoon, Jim and I went to Costco and had fun shopping the forbidden middle section.  Then we came home and watched the BYU game.  In the evening, we went to dinner and ended up at Johnny Rocket's for the first time.  It was really fun and super delicious!!  After dinner, we saw the movie, "Thor".
Sunday was a regular day of church and ward council.  I also went to choir.  It was kinda weird to be at church without our kids, but we managed.  I made a point to do absolutely nothing the rest of the day and it was glorious.  Monday we were less lazy and I got a lot done.  My biggest project was buying a new Christmas tree without breaking the bank!  After going to two stores and back to the first store, I was successful.  In the afternoon, we drove out to Moorpark to pick up the girls and go out to dinner with Nana and Papa.  They were all dressed and packed up and ready to go.  We had a nice quiet dinner at Baja Fresh.  The girls had a blast with Nana and Papa.  They played games and ping pong and watched movies and went to church and snuggled.  It was fun for everyone.  It was good for Mommy to have a break too.  The girls seemed more grown up when they got home and I felt like I really enjoyed their company in the week that followed.

7 comments:

Aunt Betsy said...

No kid weekends are the best! Very wonderful of Nana and Papa! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Amy said...

Honestly, I don't think you and Jim age! The picture from Johnny Rocket's looks like it could be from your college days. :) (Except none of us had cell phones and digital cameras were still rare...wow!)

Shannon said...

That weekend sounds amazing! I want to ship my kids off to G&G's house! ;) Glad you and Jim got some down time and a date night!

The Curnow Family said...

There you guys are!! I'm excited to go back and look at how much I have missed!!

shandireza said...

This post very good read for the public as an additive insight, because it builds a thought that leads to a well in the environment. Thanks for sharing..........This post very good read for the public as an additive insight, because it builds a thought that leads to a well in the environment. Thanks for sharing..........

Anonymous said...

美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天 , 美女视讯聊天

Big Mouse said...

It sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend with lots of family time.