Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Randomness

Some random updates on different things:

Rachel loves phones these days. We pretend to talk on the phone all the time. She will use anything like a phone: a toy phone, the remote, a calculator, the laptop charger, etc. We practice saying hi on the phone, it's never to early to learn!! She also loves necklaces. This picture is so typical of how I find her these days. It's just rather adorable.
She also gives great hugs when I get her out of bed or out of the car or out of the stroller. As long as I am rescuing her from containment, she will give me the best hugs ever!!! We're talking wrap-her-arms-and-legs-and-squeal-with-delight kind of hugs. I'm so lucky that I get to be her mom.

She also has a few words now: duck (any bird), bath, no, Ma-Ma, Da-Da, and uh-oh. She LOVES to play peek-a-boo and will cover her eyes, then uncover them and say, "Boo!" She can also find a few body parts and just learned her first sign!!! (More) She just keeps growing and changing everyday and is so much fun!

My little Miriam has become quite the little drama queen in the last several months. When it's good, it's REALLY good, but when it's bad, it's REALLY bad. She is very ready for preschool and has become very animated. She talks to everyone we come in contact with throughout the day. Usually, it's cute and just fine, but today she started talking to another mom at kindergarten about when she tooted on Daddy and the gas came out of her bottom. Ummm.....where's the duct tape?!?!?!?! Needless to say, I'm very excited for her to have an outlet for her energy and her social needs.

In other, not as cute, news, I started a little diabetes support group for the women in my ward. We had our first meeting last night. It was great to hear about other's experiences and talk through some of our unique challenges. We didn't necessarily have all the answers, but hopefully we can help each other be motivated to continue taking good care of ourselves and staying on top of our diabetes. I made an "Impossible Berry Pie" that I had found on a diabetes website. It turned out pretty good and was super easy to make.

9 comments:

Tasha said...

Rachel is a cutie! She just looks so old in that picture! Amazing. And that is very cool that you started a diabetes support group. Go you!

Shannon said...

Rachel is so gorgeous! Big blue eyes! She has more words than Davin. He just doesn't repeat things the way Weston did. Oh well, I'm sure he will get there. Your pie looks fabulous! Did it taste good? Hope your diabetes group went well. I had Weston's preschool orientation today. His classroom is so cute, but the building is not air conditioned, so hopefully the weather will start cooling off soon for the poor kids.

Jessica said...

That is so cool that you've started a support group! Your little girl is so cute and getting big. Watch out! It goes so fast!

vdhfamtng said...

Some of my favorite things to hear about is the randomness. I think those are the things that really help you to get to know a person. Thanks for sharing these tidbits about yourself and your kids!

jilljohnson said...

Your little one is so cute. Little Girls are great. Everything here is a ball and Little A throws it.

Amy said...

You are such a go-getter. I'm impressed with all you take on! Hailey does the exact same thing pretending that everything is a phone. This morning her "phone" was the plug on the end of a cord (not plugged in at the time, of course). Love how their little minds work!

Olson Family said...

ohh my gosh i cant wait til Friday so i can play with your girls!! That is the cutest picture of Rachel ever! Also I love that you started a support group! you rock! Love ya!

Gwen said...

I love Randomness! Amy does the same thing with phones and I can SO relate to the drama thing. My problem is I have a 6 year old that still hasn't outgrown it and I'm beginning to worry that she never will ;)

Kim said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rachel's little nightgown!