After school, the girls spent the afternoon opening their Valentines and eating candy to their hearts' content. I'd say it was a great kick-off to our four day weekend!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Class Parties!
We had a lot of fun making Valentines this year. The girls and I made a bunch of heart crayons out of old crayons. (We melted them down in heart molds; for the directions, click here.) I wrote the sayings on the hearts and the girls wrote their names on them. We also cranked out some hand decorated ones on Wednesday morning to send out in the mail.

The girls were both really excited for their class parties. I think Miriam remembers Lizzie having parties last year because she was feeling extra grown up that she got to have a class party too. In her class, everyone signs up and brings different fruit. Their craft that day is cutting up the fruit (with a plastic knife I'm sure) and making a "Friendship Salad" for snack. She also really enjoyed when everyone took turns handing out Valentines. She came home with a TON of candy, pencils, and a balloon.
I got to stay and help with Lizzie's class party. She has such a sweet little class, it's always fun to be with them. I brought in Bunco to use at one of the stations. They had a blast competing and then rotating around the table. (For simplified Bunco instructions, click here.) At the other stations they played Bingo, they bar graphed a box of conversation hearts, decorated cupcakes and delivered their Valentines. Afterward, they went outside to eat their sugary creations and then play. I think my favorite part was watching Lizzie take forever to get a 'bunco' every round. Then towards the end, she rolled a 'bunco' on the first roll!! She was thrilled.
After school, the girls spent the afternoon opening their Valentines and eating candy to their hearts' content. I'd say it was a great kick-off to our four day weekend!
After school, the girls spent the afternoon opening their Valentines and eating candy to their hearts' content. I'd say it was a great kick-off to our four day weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
You always do the cutest things with your girls. They're going to have the best memories of their childhood!
So fun! Being a kid is the best! :) Also I love how you dress your girls so cute for every holiday. I'm lazy about that. I'll be lucky if I can get both the boys in red on Sunday.
PS-Holy smokes Rachel looks grown up posing between her sisters like that! I need to play with that girl stat!
Ah those pictures of the girls all in red does my red-lovin' heart good. Happy Valentine's day!
Your baby looks just like one of the girls now! :) They're so cute. I love the crayon hearts!
Happy Valentine's Day!! Looks like a fun time was had by all. Can't wait to see you next weekend. Love you all TONS!!
What cute girls!! I totally remember passing out Valentines in grade school. Best part. I love that you did Bunco, love that game! Love you all!!
How fun and fabulous are those heart crayons. I LOVE THEM!
So fun! I can't wait until I can do fun activities like that!
Post a Comment