Monday, February 22, 2010

Very Busy Saturday: Part II

While the girls were having so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa, I went to Aimee's baby shower at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. I was so excited to see my cute, pregnant Aimee and some other friends. It was a great shower. We had an excellent lunch, played a game and watched Aimee open some very fun gifts. It's the first grandbaby on both sides and sure to be spoiled beyond belief!!! I was sad to not have any pictures, but I sent the camera with Grandma to the museum. Suffice to say, it was a very fun afternoon!

We took it easy while Rachel napped. Then we picked up the house and headed down to Knott's Chicken House for Grandma Snowball's 88th birthday!
I haven't been there in a really LONG time and I was really looking forward to my traditional chicken dinner. It was fun to see some of my aunts and uncles and my cousin Tasha who I just don't get to see enough. Grandma had a fun time with everyone too.
The girls were really good at dinner and Rachel out-ate Miriam. I enjoyed chowing down on my awesome biscuits with boysenberry jam (my favorite) and my chicken was just perfect: crispy outside, tender-juicy-fall-off-the bone inside. Yum! Thanks again, Mom and Dad!!!
The girls were tired and got to bed late, but they were troopers the next day at church. Mom and I stayed up too late too, as usual. I got to catch up with some friends at church the next day and I really enjoyed being in Relief Society. After church, Rachel and I took naps and then I got us packed up. Dad made a yummy prime rib dinner that we all enjoyed and then we had to hit the road. We made it home very tired (and with a headache) but safe and sound.

Jim had been at Magic Mountain on Saturday with his family and then in Visalia Saturday night and Sunday. He helped ordain his nephew, Ryan, as a priest at church with his brother and his dad. Then they came home. We were all pretty much exhausted and Jim and I went to bed at 9:30. It was great to see all our family though and between the two of us, we hit the three major theme parks in So Cal in one day!

5 comments:

Tasha said...

It was SOOO fun getting to see you. Afterwards I thought "Why didn't I get to sit by Joy?" Your girls are seriously SOOO good. It was fun getting to see you and them and get to be there for Grandma's birthday. Sounded like a fun weekend all the way around.

The Curnow Family said...

What a super fun weekend!! Brad and I want chicken house now, acutally we are requesting it when we come down... make it happen! ha I love The childrens museum it's the thing to do in La Habra if you're 2-7 years old! ha Love you all tons!

Shannon said...

Seriously that is some major fun packed into a weekend! I love that you and Jim went to 3 theme parks. Funny. I'm also so glad that you got to go to Grandma's birthday dinner! Mmm fried chicken sounds really good now. I've been eating a lot of kid food lately. Blah. Anyway, good times. Next time we'll be there too!

Katie said...

You are an amazing blogger! You have lots of posts with great text and amazing pictures and somehow you find the time to comment on two different posts of mine in one day. AMAZING.
P.S. I always read yours and love hearing about your girls, I'm just not as good at commenting.

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering for Knott's chicken now...yum! Glad everyone had a fun weekend!