Friday, January 21, 2011

Corrupted!


I think it's finally happened: Lizzie has been corrupted by elementary school! It started innocently enough, a few weeks ago she said she loved her carrot sticks so much she wanted to marry them! And then laughed her head off. Yesterday, she had something to share with me, "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat! If you don't, I don't care, I'll pull down your underwear!" I smiled as she giggled, happy to know that not much has changed in elementary school in the last 15 years. The kicker was this morning as we were getting in the car, she was singing to herself, "Jingle bells, Batman smells...." She is so innocent and sweet, it's kinda cute to see her giggle at those lame rhymes. I don't mind her learning the fun jokes and stories of that age, but at the same time I know things at our house are changing...

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Sigh. It's kind of sad to know that little by little your babies are growing up and away from you. Although those examples made me laugh. :)

Anonymous said...

It's so true...elementary schools are still full of the lame rhymes/songs from when we were kids! At least I know what to expect :)

Tara and Tyler said...

How do these rhymes last so long. It is impossible!

Tasha said...

I can definatly relate to this post :) Ha ha. Love 1st Graders

sara said...

Times sure have not changed! I love how happy she was at singing the silly rhymes! Too cute.