Thursday, January 13, 2011

Just Us Girls

Jim went to New Orleans this week. He left super early Monday morning with plans to return Friday afternoon. I usually plan ahead for these kind of things, but this trip snuck up on me. What is it about being on my own for the week that makes me rise to the occasion. I know there is no one to fall back on, so I try my best to be supermom. Why don't I try to be supermom all the time?!?! Whatever. I did my best and it was a pretty good week.

Monday I had a dentist appointment in the morning, in the afternoon, we got homework done, I taught two piano lessons, we had fish sticks, corn and pears for dinner, we set some goals for 2011 for FHE, read scriptures, had prayer and put everyone to bed!! Tuesday we had an amazing morning where everyone got ready without any fussing or time wasting; it was awesome. I took Rachel and Mimi to the library, we had lunch, got Miriam to school, grocery shopped, Rachel decided not to take a nap. I picked Miriam up early from school so I could attend a meeting. For dinner, I finally satisfied my craving for Top Ramen. Don't think I'll be craving that again anytime soon! But it was fun to slurp our noodles (or yogurt) and munch on oyster crackers. After dinner and baths, it was time for bed.





Wednesday was an AWFUL morning getting everyone ready!! Not good. After we took Lizzie to school, we spent the morning at home, my visiting teacher visited, we took Mimi to school, Rachel and I ran some errands, came home and both took naps. After school, we did homework and then went to hula class (super fun!!) It was late and I was supposed to teach a piano lesson, so we grabbed some quesadillas at El Pollo Loco for dinner. I taught piano and then we chatted with Daddy who had some great news for us: he changed his flight and was coming home late Thursday night!! Yipee! The girls did great after that, cleaned up and went to bed.

Today is my last day. I decided to start potty training Rachel today. I have to just commit and do it and be done. I know I'll be happy when I'm done, so I'm trying to focus on that. I have five piano lessons today and it's bath night, so it will be a busy afternoon/evening. But Jim will be home tonight and we're all looking forward to it!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You are always Supermom! Seriously, I am always amazed at how much you accomplish and how cheerful you are about it all. :) I'm glad that Jim is coming home a day early though. It's nice to know you can take a little break soon! Love you!

Tasha said...

I never like having Brian gone. It is always a bit ruff. Glad it is almost over :) Looks like he had a good time.

elizabeth said...

When your Dad went out of town on business it was always Cocoa Puffs for dinner. You are a much better mother than me. It's amazing you turned out to be the supermom you are today with such a rough beginning ;-)

I'm counting on little girl panties on Rachel next time I see you and then you will have done it!!! Keep that vision going!