Today my girls sang at a baptism. We practiced everyday this week. There was whining, there were complaints, there were ultimatums, there were bribes. It's all just part of the tradition.
When we were young, my mom would teach us different songs and we would sing them all over the place: nursing homes, the people she visit taught, the grandparents, etc. We would be called into the music room to practice. There was whining and complaining, there were ultimatums and bribes. As the years went by, we got to the point where there was less complaining, no more need of bribes. The older ones learned to accompany the others. Now I love singing with my sisters and mom and it brings me happiness. I learned the skills of performing, accompanying, getting up in front of people, and getting over the nerves that still come.
This year, the girls learned a couple Christmas songs. There was some whining, some complaining; there were ultimatums and bribes. We sang them all over the place: delivering chocolate bread, visiting the grandparents, etc. Even Rachel knew the routine and would get up to sing her song. I'm so happy to keep the tradition alive.
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
And the cycle of life continues. . .
Ahh the bribes and ultimatums. Good times. :) Glad to hear another generation gets to enjoy the same life experiences. You know we never REALLY minded singing even if we whined about practicing. I want to hear your girls sing. Next time we are in CA I will expect a concert. Love you!
Oh I love it! Yeah for carrying on the traditions.
Post a Comment