I wanted to cry as I swept it up. I was mad at her AND myself. I put the scissors where they cannot be reached by anyone under 5'4", but it was too little, too late. This morning she told us all about how she had cut her hair and I gave her the lecture with the stern face. She knew she was wrong because she did her little crying routine. Luckily, you can't really tell where she cut it. There were some little hairs sticking up in the front, but they'll grow out pretty quick.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Discovery
It was a busy Saturday. I left the house at 7:15am and didn't get home until about 4pm. Jim did great with the girls and they had fun with their daddy all day. It wasn't until we were locking up the house and turning off the lights that we discovered and cleaned up this:
I really wish that I could say this happened on Jim's watch, but we were both home at the time. I know I was home because I was reading my book on the sofa when I heard her say something about the scissors in the other room. I said, "No, you don't need the scissors," and didn't hear anything else about it. I even listened for a minute to hear if she was opening the drawer they are kept in. Nothing. Guess I was wrong.
I wanted to cry as I swept it up. I was mad at her AND myself. I put the scissors where they cannot be reached by anyone under 5'4", but it was too little, too late. This morning she told us all about how she had cut her hair and I gave her the lecture with the stern face. She knew she was wrong because she did her little crying routine. Luckily, you can't really tell where she cut it. There were some little hairs sticking up in the front, but they'll grow out pretty quick.
I wanted to cry as I swept it up. I was mad at her AND myself. I put the scissors where they cannot be reached by anyone under 5'4", but it was too little, too late. This morning she told us all about how she had cut her hair and I gave her the lecture with the stern face. She knew she was wrong because she did her little crying routine. Luckily, you can't really tell where she cut it. There were some little hairs sticking up in the front, but they'll grow out pretty quick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
So it's been confirmed that the culprit would be . . . Rachel!!!!!
How can you help, not love her, though. Be sure to take pictures for her wedding video!
Ugh. I would probably cry too. I so hope this doesn't ever happen to me, but it seems inevitable with little girls. Sounds like you handled it reasonably well (aka no screaming or threats of violence). :) Love you. And Rachel too.
I'm scared of that day coming at our house, too! I've been working with Hailey on scissor skills recently (on paper!)and hope I don't come to regret it!
I still remember my do-it-yourself hair-cutting experience. My big brother tried to trim my bangs for me. All that could be done was to wait for them to grow back out! I remember how embarrassed I was walking around with super short bangs. My mom didn't get too upset about it because the humiliation was punishment enough for me.
Check that one off Rachel's childhood 'to-do' list...silly girl :)
Post a Comment