Sunday, June 5, 2011

When the Dad's Away....

...the Mom does not cook.

Not sure why, but when Jim is gone, the motivation for cooking is thrown out the window. It didn't have a very strong constitution to begin with. Tonight, the girls feasted on bowls of oatmeal and regular Cheerios, with skim milk for dinner. I had a Lean Cuisine. I'm pretty sure the rest of the week, I'll be dining on these fabulous chips paired with triple layer hummus from Costco and Diet Dr. Pepper.

4 comments:

vdhfamtng said...

Amen to that! I never feel liking cooking when Tim leaves. It is with all of my willpower that I resist buying fast food for dinner the entire time. The kids end up eating a lot of pasta and mom usually ends up eating an apple and a bowl of cereal.

Shannon said...

I am the same way too! Whenever I know Ian isn't coming home for dinner I don't bother cooking. The kids eat hot dogs or quesadillas and I just scavenge. Funny how one person's absence means no one gets cooked for. Or maybe it just reveals our real motivation for cooking is to impress our husbands. :) Hope you guys have a good week without Jim. Call me whenever you want!

Anonymous said...

Sounds so familiar! I'm not sure why I feel obligated to cook for Justin but not for myself or the kids. I pick up a pack of chocolate chip Eggo waffles for the kids and they think it's the best thing ever. Beats slaving over a hot stove only to hear them complain that they don't like it! Enjoy your chips, dip and Dr. Pepper!

Jennifer said...

Hummus and pita chips--our dinner of choice too!