In the past, I have posted about some FHE lessons that we have had. They are usually good ones. I just felt a need to post about an FHE lesson that was not quite so stellar. People were tired, tempers were a bit short, etc. It was rough going. The beautiful lesson in my head did not go quite according to plan.
It happens. I am not really beating myself up over it though. I am holding strong to the council that Sister Beck gave about precision over perfection. She said it again in this month's visiting teaching message, "When we honor our covenants, Heavenly Father can prepare the way for us.
We are to live our covenants with precision. We can, for example, be
precise in praying, in studying the scriptures, in holding a current
temple recommend, in dressing modestly, in honoring the Sabbath." So even though our FHE wasn't a perfect model evening that I want to share with all of you in the blogging world, the point was that we did it. I take some measure of comfort that I will be blessed for my efforts, even when they come up short.
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Elder Bednar once opened a talk in General Conference with what FHE when his kids were small was like and it sounded a lot like ours! Don't worry, you're right on. The most important thing is that you hold it. You're blessing your children's lives just simply by having it even when it doesn't go so well. And if it makes you feel better we recently had a lesson on 'love at home' and while I'm teaching it I"m snapping at my kids to SIT DOWN! :)
Post a Comment