The day after Christmas, we didn't do anything!!! We were all very lazy. I don't think Rachel ever got changed out of her PJs. Oh well. I did put together the girls' scooters and they went outside and rode a bit. They're getting better and better at balancing every time. Unfortunately, Santa didn't realize that they had both outgrown their helmets!! So we had to take a trip to Target in the afternoon. We found helmets and I got some more wrapping paper and bows for next year.
Miriam also wanted to buy another Webkinz. She still had some birthday money, so we went to the Hallmark to see what they had available. She picked out a cute blue fish so that she could get some of the 'underwater' stuff available. Lucky for her, it was 50% off, so she still had some change leftover! And I managed to resist and not buy any of the cute advent calendars or 'joy' decorations they had on sale.
But by Tuesday, it was time to clean up a bit; really it looked like a hurricane had hit our front room! I made the girls each a list and they got right to work. (I love lists!) They got dressed, hair brushed, teeth brushed, put away their presents, each picked up 20 pieces of trash off the floor (they made a mess with their PEZ candy wrappers), had some reading time and wrote two thank you notes! Then we headed out the door for a scooter/walk--where they scooter and I walk. It was nice to get outside! When we got back, the big girls and I went to Costco and had fun eating samples and getting the shopping done.
The girls are outside riding their scooters again. It makes me so happy that they can go out front on our street!! I love our neighborhood, so quiet.
I also wanted to share Liz's thank you note for Santa. She really wanted to write one to him and here it is as written.
Dear Santa,
Thank you for the Scooter. I really enjoy the secret password journal. I supper duepper enjoy the Elf make-up and math books. But most of all best of all I liked makeing cookies and getting out the See's for you.
(Look on the other side Santa)
Love,
Liz
P.S. I love the caboodle
She is a cute girl and I love her to bits.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That sounds like a fantastic couple of days! I love that they girls can go and ride their scooters out front too. We started and Thank yous today and got Christmas all put away. It feels good to get all the extra clutter out of the house. I think I am the only one who still needs to put all my presents away. Whoops!
I love low key days. I felt like most of our break was not low key enough, but that is okay. We have enjoyed our 3 weeks off. Now, back to real life again tomorrow ;)
Post a Comment