As I sat there, my heart pondered a few things. The first thing I thought about is how much I, as a woman and mother and wife, needed this evening. I loved being with the sisters in my ward; laughing and talking and catching up with each other. Even though I am new to the ward, I still felt love and fellowship among the sisters. I also needed that spiritual uplifting, the reminder that this season is about Christ and some ideas on how I can bring that into my family a little more. As women, we do have the large part of responsibility to see that all the Christmas happenings happen and that's okay, but I appreciated the respite that this evening brought.
My other highlight of the evening was singing. My voice felt better and I was able to sing clearly and I felt the spirit so strongly. My heart was full. The third verse of the song resonated and I was grateful to bear my testimony through the music.
How silently, how silently
The wondrous gift is giv'n!
So God imparts to human hearts
The blessings of his heav'n.
No ear may hear his coming;
But in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive him, still
The dear Christ enters in.
I am grateful for this Christmas season to focus on our Savior and the 'good news' that his gospel is. He came to Earth because he loves each one of us. He suffered for our sins and is our loving elder brother and mediator with the Father. Through him, we can be redeemed and return to our Heavenly Father. I know these things are true. I hope you have an opportunity to feel the love of our Savior this Christmas season.




5 comments:
Thanks for your sweet testimony. I love you bunches.
I'm so glad you had such a nice evening, the welcome home excluded. :) I love the Christmas hymns and can hardly get though any one of them without tearing up. Thanks for sharing. Love you sister!
Thank you so much for imparting the Spirit you felt in your blog post :) I love being reminded of "the reason for the season" as much as possible this time of year.
Sweet blog! I hope you are enjoying the season. I do love RS ;-)
I am glad it was a nice evening for you. That is exactly the spirit I wanted at our meeting this last Wednesday. We did the theme of nativities and it was such a nice evening. I was running around throughout it, but during the program (that was scriptures and music) I just felt so peaceful. I am grateful for Relief Society that gives us the little boosts we need as wifes/mothers/women. I love that you shared this.
Post a Comment