Monday, December 19, 2011

More Christmas Fun!!

We're less than a week away from Christmas and very excited!!  There are more presents under the tree and school is out and the advents are just about done.  Here are a couple more things keeping us busy during the final countdown.

Chocolate bread, chocolate bread and more chocolate bread.  I am going to make my sixth batch of chocolate bread this afternoon and we've got lots of delivering to do tonight.  The girls all love singing and delivering the chocolate bread.  Rachel knows all the words to "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" then hands it to the person and says, "It's CHOCOLATE BREAD!!!"  It cracks me up every time.
Last night we tried something new and had a 'Bethlehem' dinner.  We sat on the floor out front and tried many different foods that were similar to the kinds of food eaten by Christ.  We had fish sticks (we had to keep it semi-kid-friendly), pita-bread, honey, hummus, fig spread, black and green olives, cheese, dried meat (beef jerky), grapes, carrot sticks and grape juice.  It wasn't all authentic, but everyone was a good sport about trying new foods and we talked about how life was different back then.
This morning, I promised the girls a 'Christmas snack'.  I saw someone else post this on facebook and thought it was super cute.  I think they used peanut butter, but we used nutella this morning.  Reindeer toast was a big hit with everyone!

5 comments:

Gwen said...

What fun ideas! I'm going to have to add them to my growing list of things to do this week with my kids. Thanks for sharing!

vdhfamtng said...

So cute and fun! Are your girls out of school already? Around here they're making them go until Wednesday! Love the reindeer toast and the Bethlehem dinner is a fantastic idea!

Shannon said...

I'm glad you got a chance to do your Bethlehem dinner. Looks fun! And the reindeer toast is adorable! Your kids are so lucky to have such a great mom.

I cannot believe you have done SIX batches of chocolate bread! I guess that means you have lots of friends. :) I did 3 and that is going to be enough I think. We still have lots of delivering to do though. I love that Rachel sings the song and then explains the treat. What a cutie! Merry Christmas week!

Tasha said...

How fun! We are trying to have fun activities all week long. I just love this time of the year!

Kate said...

I love your Bethlehem dinner! Cute idea!