Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dropped the Ball

Nana and Papa came by on Friday afternoon to return Rachel to us!!!  She had so much fun  at their house for the week and was a very good girl.  She charmed them with the 'Good Morning' song and her "Hold me and love me?"  She had fun hanging out with Wyatt and Landon, playing outside, and having a TV in her room!  Nana spoiled her with trips to the park and new Spiderman PJs!!!
While hanging out and visiting, Jim's co-worked called to let us know the guacamole was ready!  We have been giving our avocados to her and her dad shares a jar each of his awesome guacamole and salsa.  We immediately sent Jim and John to the store for more chips and dessert and decided to have carnitas for dinner.  YUM!!! After dinner, Jim, Ryan, Nana and Papa went and saw 'John Carter' and then Ryan went to stay with Nana and Papa for the weekend.  It was a really fun evening!!

Saturday, I took the girls to their eye appointments.  They thought they were cute in their matching Christmas outfits (and they were) but it wasn't very St. Patrick's-y.  Also, it wasn't until I picked the girls up from school on Friday that I realized everyone was wearing green.  Opps!  Kinda dropped the ball.  So I told the girls we would make snickerdoodles in the afternoon.  I remember making them with green sugar when were in elementary school.  Mom would come to our class and teach a whole lesson about St. Patrick's day and some of the Irish traditions.  She even taught the class and jig and then we got cookies out of the treasure chest.  (This was years before she became an elementary music teacher!)  Anyway, green snickerdoodles remind me of St. Patrick's Day.  My second epic fail was only getting pictures of one child helping me.  They each rolled one tray of cookies though.  Luckily, I did remember to call my sister and sing happy birthday to her, so I didn't earn the triple fail.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Wow, I had forgotten about green snicker doodle cookies. I was a fun mom!! But then again, so are you ;-). My favorite is Rachel in her spiderman jammie's, a necklace, and a sticker on her knee. Being a kid is great. Also glad to know you let the other kids in on the fun - tee hee hee!!! Love you all!!!

Shannon said...

I had totally forgotten about green snicker doodles too! I remember learning the jig and kissing the blarney stone, but that's about it. Maybe I have been distracted by my birthday all these years. :) Looks like you all had a fun weekend though. Thanks for the birthday phone call. You're the best. Love you!

sara said...

Wow, I like the green snickerdoodle cookie idea. Those are easy and fun!!