Thursday, May 17, 2012

Busy Week

I had a nice Mother's Day.  The girls and I sang with two other moms and their kids in sacrament meeting.  All the primary kids sang first, and then we sang "Mother Tell Me the Story".  What should have been sweet turned into comical farce....I blame Rachel.  Her and another little girl started shoving elbows until the little girl shoved hard enough for Rachel to bump into Miriam, who bumped into Liz, who bumped into the last kid on the row.  Then Rachel started making a high pitched 'squeek!' sound and when it got a laugh, she did it again.  I couldn't look at the kids or I would laugh.  I couldn't look at anyone in the audience who was looking at the kids, or I would laugh.  I had to focus on the back wall to not start cracking up.  I was just happy to sit down and be down.  But everyone was thoroughly entertained, so mission accomplished I guess.

The rest of the day was fine.  I got to enjoy my dark chocolate bar they handed out.  The YW covered primary so all the teachers could go to Relief Society, which was just nice.  The girls had made cute presents for me at school.  Jim gave me new perfume, which I love.  I made salmon and yummy rice for dinner and it did not disappoint, even Rachel loved it.  It was a good day.
 
 
After school, I took all the girls for a hair cut.  It was Rachel's first haircut and I was sad to cut off the baby curls, but it was time.  She did a great job and held very still.  Afterwards, we went next door to try out Surf'n Yogurt.  It was pretty good and the girls loved picking out their own toppings.  That evening, Liz had a photo shoot for her baptism/birthday.  She looked so cute in her white dress and we got some great shots!  I can't wait for the finished pictures!!!
Tuesday morning, Rachel and I hit the grocery store early.  She said she didn't want to be in the cart and I was in a generous mood, so I let her use the little cart.  She was in heaven and my ankles are only a little bruised.  After school, we put the finishing touches on Miriam's ocean habitat diorama and Liz finished her report and we hung up her jellyfish!  Two major projects that I was more than happy to turn in!!!  It was also our Relief Society activity that night.  They had a garden party, so I made veggie bars, which were a huge hit.  There were also all kinds of fun finger sandwiches (which I loved) and fruit and treats.  I had fun playing croquet and visiting with the sisters.

Wednesday, Liz had the first half of her dental work done.  The poor girl had some major cavities to be filled, teeth to be bonded and molars to be sealed.  They did all the work on the right side of her mouth and she was a super star!  They gave her the laughing gas, which was really great.  She said it helped her forget all the stuff was on her face.  Rachel was a good girl in the waiting room where we watched Toy Story 3.  Afterwards, we stopped at Blenders and grabbed a small smoothie, then some Tylenol at home before I sent her back to school.
Tonight is Art Night at the school along with the ice cream social and silent auction.  The girls are excited to show us what they have been working on.  Miriam said she has a surprise in her classroom!  Then tomorrow, we head down to Grandma B's for a fun weekend of bridal shower, shopping, choir performance, and fun!!

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't wait for you to come. Rachel and her shopping cart are precious. She must have been in heaven. The ocean projects turned out great AND you lived to tell the tail. Congratulations!

vdhfamtng said...

That's funny about the musical number in church!! How exciting for Liz to prepare for her upcoming baptism, what a huge step!

Kate said...

HAppy belated Mother's Day Joy! So funny about the Sacrament song!