Thursday evening was Rachel's Spring Sing. She had been singing "Tiny Tim" all week for me and was very excited. They had been prepping their classroom all week too and the parents weren't allowed to come in. Unfortunately, Rachel didn't take her customary nap in the car when we picked up Ryan from school. But we got her dressed and slicked up her hair. The kids looked so cute when they came in. Before they started, the director told all the kids to wave at their moms and dads and I hear Rachel say to her, "But I can't see my mom and dad!" We were in the back and waving, but she couldn't see us.
They started singing and Rachel was singing, but I could tell she was upset she couldn't find us. Jim moved up to take pictures, but she still couldn't see us.
By the third song, she was crying and singing and doing the motions. Also, she was a little crowded, so her teacher moved her over to the side and Jim moved up and made sure she saw him. She was better after that, but she still yawned through the entire performance!
After they sang, there was a slideshow with pictures from the year. Then we got to go look at her classroom and eat the treats. It was very cute.
Monday, May 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Glad she made it through! She looks like she did a great job. :)
She is so cute. . I can't wait to see all of you this weekend. I have 4th and 5th graders that yawn throughout their whole performances too. So don't feel too bad ;-)
I think that is so cute that she was so upset that she couldn't see you at first. Poor thing! She looks darling.
Post a Comment