The last week before school started was a little hampered by 'the injury', but we didn't let it stop us. We went through all their clothes, starting with Liz, pulled out what didn't fit, put together outfits and made a shopping list. Mostly Liz needed new stuff, while Miriam and Rachel inherited a lot of new stuff, but there were a few key items needed for each girl, plus school supplies! We did a major shopping trip at Target and were able to find just about everything we needed. Then we went to lunch at Topper's Pizza. We had so much fun that afternoon. While waiting for our pizza, I pulled out my phone and searched kid riddles and jokes. They had a blast and actually were able to figure some of them out!
We also celebrated my birthday the weekend before school started. Jim and I got to go out to dinner. We tried a little fish and chips place at Ventura Harbor that made Jim's top 5 list, then we walked around the harbor a bit and got ice cream for dessert. I had 'circus animal cookie' ice cream with the Mother's frosted animal cookies! Super yummy!
On Sunday, my friend set it up so that when I welcomed the kids into primary and shook their hand, they each had piece of candy for me. It was really cute and I got a lot of birthday hugs from the kids. Jim helped me make chicken scampi for dinner and I had chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting for dessert (of course)! It was a great birthday.
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I am loving all the blogs posts!! They seriously make my day. :)
Poor little Rachel. :( Glad you still had a wonderful birthday and got your chocolate cake with PB frosting. Mmm already looking forward to mine soon!
BTW I nominated you for a blog award. See my blog for details!
Post a Comment