Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Fun

We started off the week with Rachel having a little Halloween party with friends from preschool at the park.  They played, decorated cookies and had some snacks.  Rachel picked the black frosting the decorate her cookie (and mouth).  They have a really cute group of kids in her class and it was fun visiting with the other moms and parents.
We managed to squeeze pumpkin carving in this year.  We picked out our pumpkins at Trader Joe's this year.  They weren't huge, but they were big enough.  Liz decided to do most of her's on her own and actually did a great job getting it all scraped out.  She ran into some issues when cutting out her design, so I stepped in and assisted.
Miriam and Daddy worked together and Rachel and I worked on her pumpkin.
The finished products!

We went out in our neighborhood on Halloween.  Jim and Ryan kept their tradition from last year and hid in the back while playing on the computer.  We left some candy on the porch for visitors though.
We got through two streets before Rachel started doing the potty dance, so we ran home for a pit stop before finishing our little neighborhood.  Rachel said she was tired and wanted to go home, so we dropped her off.  Liz, Miriam and I walked to the next neighborhood over.  It was a lot busier and they had a good time trick-or-treating.  They came home with a good haul, which we made them leave out front and go to bed!
And here are the pumpkins three days later-Rachel wanted to know who put cotton in her pumpkin!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

You are a marathon blogger! I'm impressed. I think I'd just give up.

That's exciting that you're doing the Color Run! Your kids can buy bags of chalk and throw it at you as you run by :)