Friday, October 19, 2012

Miscellaneous Fall Fun

October was busy with all sorts of fun things.  I found a new fun recipe for Oatmeal Honey Bread.  It was rather delicious.
We had a "Terrific Tuesday" in RS (instead of Super Saturday).  I learned my lesson from last year and didn't sign up for every single thing.  I was very happy with the things I did sign up for though.  I did this hot pink vinyl cut out for my Kitchen-Aid.  It's like a fun surprise every time I take the cover off to use it now!  I also made the "Give Thanks" banner for my mantel.  All I had to do was cut it out, put the stickers on and string the cards.  It was a very fun Relief Society evening.
 
We started prepping for Miriam's birthday party.  She wanted a 'monster' themed birthday.  So I tried to find things that were monster related without being too Halloween-ish.  These items were from Micheal's.  I bought everything else at the dollar store.
One of the mom's at preschool made these jack-o-lanterns out of oranges for each of the kids, then filled them with berries and apple pieces for snack!  (I'm pretty sure it's her first child in preschool.)  But Rachel was enamored with her jack-o-lantern and wanted to keep it forever.
Miriam had a science unit about the human body and learned about the brain.  They made these fun hats and colored and labeled the different parts.  So stinkin' cute!  And very Halloweeny.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That jack o lantern orange is hilarious. I mean, definitely a cute idea but as you say, certainly a first time mom. I would never make something like that! Just thinking about it makes me tired. :) Also I think that brain hat is awesome. Weston would love it!