Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Pumpkin Patch

I want to start off this post by saying that I love being a second year....anything.  Don't know why this is a big deal to me but it is.  I vividly remember my first year in girls scouts and the other girls talking about things they did in the past.  I desperately wanted to be able to say, "Remember last year when we...."  I have since learned that it just takes time to fit in and there is always someone else who is new and wishing they could say the same thing.  But it is nice to know what's going on and that's made preschool an even better experience this year!

Back to the post.  It was time for the preschool trip to the pumpkin patch and I always feel better just knowing what to expect.  I even volunteered to bring the snacks!  Rachel lucked out that about half her class is made up of kids from last years class.  They all know each other and like to play together.  This also means I know the parents a little better too.

We had some time to take pictures with the big pumpkins, then the farmer talked to the kids about how the pumpkins grow.  She showed them the vines and a pumpkin on a vine.  She also showed them different kinds of pumpkins and squash.  Then we took a hay ride around the farm.  The house and barn on the property are almost 100 years old, so it's kinda fun.  They have some animals for the kids to see and then we picked pumpkins.  Rachel picked the smallest one she could find.

I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and packed each kid a cookie, graham sticks, and apple slices.  I also brought extra cookies for the parents.  It was a great morning too, not too hot or too cold.  Rachel had fun with her friends and only got stuck once in the photo cut-outs!
 

3 comments:

Jules said...

HAHAHAHA i am laughing so hard... "and only got stuck once in the photo cutouts"

too funny!

elizabeth said...

I loved Rachel's skinned knee too!!

Shannon said...

bahaha! Only got stuck once! Love that Rachel.