We had a slow, mellow day on Friday. There were naps, playing with kids, delicious take-out for lunch, catching up with an old friend, etc. I got lots of play time with my adorable and very sweet nephews and niece!
That night, we went to TGIFriday's for dinner. It was delish, especially our tower of onion rings. We just kept requesting more ranch dressing!!! Then we hit the mall for some shopping before heading home to bed. We're all getting old, I swear! We still act like kids, but can't stay up as late as we used to.
I saw this cookie at the mall and had to text a picture of it to Liz!
On Saturday, I slept in. Then we spent a lot of the day getting ready for Shannon's birthday party. Ian and Melanie put in a lot of work and the party was a success. We had it at Ian's office (it's an ad company, so it's a pretty cool workplace). Mel did the food, which was a fun: a salsa bar, and some munchies. We also played a couple games about Shannon, which were cute and had cake and ice cream. By the time we cleaned it up and got home though, we were pretty exhausted.
Seriously! Why do we always wait until the end of the night when we are all haggard and exhausted?!?! Note to sisters and self: plan better photo op next time!!!
I would also like to give a shout out to my lil' sis, Shannon, for her birthday! I love her to pieces. She is one of my best friends, a great example for me to follow, and knows how to have a good time. I don't love that we live so far apart, but I know she's only a phone call away and we're right on the same page! I hope you have a great new decade!!!Sunday morning, we packed up and made the long drive home. We were much less organized and stopped way more than we did on the way up. What can I say, we were tired! Mom was in the back the whole way and Jules and I drove. Dad had yummy soup waiting on the table for us, which I ate and then hit the road again to get to my house by 9pm. It was a very fun weekend with my mom and sisters and like always, I can't wait to do it again!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment