Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Break & Easter Fun!

Easter was the first weekend of our Spring Break!  We went down to Grandma B and Grandpa Bob's house for a weekend o' fun!  We started off Friday afternoon juicing the gazillions of oranges Jim, Ryan and the girls picked from our tree.  The girls were beyond thrilled to help in the process.  To make it not take all night long, Mom (or I) would juice a half in between each girl.  Jim helped with the straining and when we were done, we had a full gallon of fresh-squeezed juice!

Mom introduced me to wheat berries on my Coach's Oats.  They weren't bad and added a different texture to the oatmeal, but I don't think I'll be cooking them regularly.  It made for a super healthy breakfast with my OJ though!!
  
There were lots of opportunities for snuggle time with Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Jules and, of course, Chloe!
 
 
 
 
Jim went with Rick and Dad to see the new Transformers movie while the girls dyed Easter eggs and took a dip in the 'pool'.  In the afternoon, we had our Easter egg hunt!  The boys didn't make it too easy for the girls and they worked hard for those eggs.  The girls were going so fast, I could hardly get pictures of them!  While emptying their eggs, Rachel learned that she didn't like the jelly beans.  When she opened an egg with jelly beans, she'd say, "Darn!" under her breath.  Made us laugh every time!  I think she also found the most money in her eggs.
Sunday morning, the girls had fun hunting for their Easter baskets.  They looked beautiful in their new dresses from Grandma B too.  We enjoyed a nice sacrament meeting in my parents ward.  Mom and I went home to get ready for the dinner and Jim got started on packing us up!  I actually contributed to dinner this year with my pineapple dressing.  It was a hit with everyone at dinner.  We enjoyed spending the afternoon with Grandma Snowball, Grandma and Grandpa Olson, Rich, Joyce and Lance.  Then we had to head home.
Ryan just started his new job with Ventura Rental this week, which is why he couldn't join us.  But he's thrilled to be working 40 hours a week with a small pay increase too!!  The Easter Bunny left him the biggest chocolate bunny she could find along with an iTunes gift card.

1 comment:

Julianna said...

Liz and I are so thug! hahah! I had such a blast with you guys over easter. I love living closer enough to see you all!