The birthday celebration was kicked of by my first present arriving in the mail from the Bowles family the Wednesday before my birthday! They sent me a new Blender Bottle...in pink! I already have one, but really wanted a second one since I use it every single day. Love it!
The next birthday present came in the mail on Friday. My friend, Danielle, made these amazing Psych cookies. Not only did they look fabulous, but they tasted great too! I was a nice mom and shared the little pineapples with the girls.
That evening, we went to the 'Family Float Night' at the pool. They also had a potluck for the swim team for the end of season. The girls had fun seeing their friends and then swimming. It was freezing cold though. Jim was a trooper and got in the pool with us. I had fun going down the big water slide a couple times with Liz. One of the girls' coaches made this cute cake.
Sunday was Ryan's farewell talk. Grandma B, Grandpa Bob, Jules and Rick were going to come up for it and stay for lunch after, but Grandma hurt her back. Jules and Rick still came though, which was really nice. Ryan did a great job on his talk, everyone was impressed. We had white bean chicken chili for lunch with corn cake. Jules and Rick brought my presents from Mom and Dad and the cake that Mom had made for me. Liz got me a new lumbar support for my car, Miriam picked out a pretty necklace and earring set, and Rachel picked out this elephant necklace "'Cuz you see elephants at the zoo and you take us to the zoo sometimes Mom." Mom and Dad sent the cake and a really pretty set of gold earrings and this beautiful fairy garden! Jules and Rick gave me a Target gift card and Ryan bought me a BYU case for my phone. Jim also gave me the gift of shopping.
After lunch, cake and presents, Jim, Ryan and John drove down to LA to visit Nana in the hospital. Jules and Rick stayed and hung out. Rick played Monopoly with the girls and Jules and I had ourselves a nice little visit. It was a really great day.
Monday was my actual birthday. I had kindergarten orientation with Rachel and then we stayed at the school and I sold t-shirts while she played on the playground. We went home and had lunch. Then Ryan watched the girls while I did some shopping at the mall and Lowe's (for my new plants) and got my hair done for free at the new 'styling bar' at the mall.
That evening, for FHE we did priesthood blessings and got everyone to bed at a reasonable hour and then I made lunches for everyone!
I thought the birthday celebration was over, but Jim wanted to take me out to dinner still. When we asked Ryan to watch the girls he reminded us that we should take advantage of our free babysitter while we still had him around. So we went and got sushi for dinner and then saw the new Percy Jackson movie afterward! The sushi place is small, but really great. The couple eating next to us were also celebrating the wife's birthday and the bartender's birthday was that week, so he brought out birthday shots for everyone on the house! We declined, but it made us laugh. 32 started off pretty great and I think it's going to be a good year.
Monday, August 19, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
What a fun birthday! I'm so glad that Ryan's talk went well and you were able to take advantage of that free babysitting!
Post a Comment