It had been decided that we were going to put Rachel in with Miriam and Liz would have Rachel's room. I spent the whole summer putting it off....
The week before school started I finally sucked it up and did what needed to be done. I cleaned out the toys, starting with the baby toys and we sold some things on craigslist. I also moved the 'toddler' toys out of Rachel's room. Still can't quite bring myself to part with some of them though. The end result is that all the LEGOs and the toddler toys are in the computer room now.
I bought a desk on craigslist for Liz and found a chair, trashcan, 'nightstand' and hooks at Target along with some cute vinyl decals on clearance. Craigslist and Joann's helped us out with the bulletin board and....voila! Liz has a cute/functional 'tween' room.
Not too many changes for Miriam and Rachel. We moved Rachel's Spiderman border into her new room and Miriam put up some glow in the dark stars. I also found a cute pop-up storage for Rachel's many plush toys.
We still have a few things that I need to find new homes for and I'm pondering a better LEGO storage system, but in the meantime, it's done and they're happy with it.
Friday, August 30, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment