Friday, May 13, 2011

Field Trip....Again!

Miriam's class went on their last field trip yesterday. They went to the Underwood Family Farm to see the animals and pick strawberries. Mimi really wanted me to go. I explained that I couldn't go as a chaperone, but that Rachel and I would go to the farm and we would see her there. Rachel and I had so much fun. I just let her run and look at all the stuff she wanted to look at. We ran into Mimi a couple times and I managed to catch this photo op with her little group.
Rachel and I saw all the animals, she played on the fun train and climbed the hay bale pyramid. I let her have a pony ride, which she L-O-V-E-D! She said, "Yee-haw" and "Giddy-up, cowboy!" the whole time. Totally worth it. Then she played in the little kid's corral for a bit. I called up Nana to see what she was doing for lunch and she was already out and about. So we met up with her at Corner Bakery and had a delicious lunch together.

Miriam came home with a whole pound of fresh strawberries that she had picked. We had them with our dinner that night. Yum!! Lizzie has her last field trip on Monday to a local pizza restaurant...you can bet Rachel and I will be tagging along for that one too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Field trips are awesome! The kids get so excited and it's a fun way to learn. And fresh strawberries...delicious! We're making strawberry shortcakes tonight for dessert. I love strawberry season!

Shannon said...

So fun! It's nice that you and Rachel got to tag along and see Mimi but get to do your own thing. Fresh strawberries sound SO good! I'm jealous. I miss California strawberry stands. Also, Rachel looks super adorable on her pony ride. :)

elizabeth said...

Truly, I love the side saddle approach! It makes Rachel look so regal ;-) That is actually fun that you can tag along without having responsibilities and can bring Rachel along. That's so much fun. Strawberries and pizza. . .yum, yum!!