Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

We had a nice Mother's Day weekend at home this year. The festivities started on Friday at Miriam's kindergarten class. All the moms were invited for a tea party. The kids were so cute! They escorted us to their desks where we started with a craft and made little corsages with their pictures on them. Then they sang us a couple songs and then we danced "Freeze Dance" together. Miriam is quite the freeze dancer! After the dance, we had a relaxing part where the kids gave their moms a back massage with gentle music in the background and the lights dimmed. Then they gave us the presents they had made: a book and a card. Here is Miriam's book: "My mommy is 29 years old. She is 6 feet tall and weighs 100 pounds. She has yellow hair and blue eyes. Her favorite thing to do is read. She also sits on the sofa. My mommy cooks the best macaroni and cheese in the whole world. I love it when my mommy and I snuggle. The best thing about my mommy is she loves me. I love her. If I could give my mommy anything in the world, I would give her a ring that had a heart on it." (Spelling and grammar has been corrected for your benefit.) So cute! Then we shared a treat together and played on the playground. It was fun to see her class and all the things she is working on. She was so excited to show me her classroom.
When we got home from school, Lizzie decided she needed to wrap my presents and did it all by herself. It involved tears and MANY pieces of tape, but she finally got it done. On Saturday, we had a gloriously lazy day. Nana stopped by for a little bit in the afternoon and Rachel actually took a nap! The girls had fun playing superheros all day too.

Sunday morning, the girls came in as I was getting out of the shower and wanted to know if they could give me their presents. I asked only to be allowed to dress first. They were so excited. Miriam somehow had another present for me, a red necklace. I unwrapped Lizzie's present to find a necklace she made at school, a coupon she saved from her field trip to use at the movies, and a butterfly painting with a poem on it. So cute! Jim and I decided to share a Father's Day and Mother's Day gift in the form of a new video camera, so we got that out and started charging it.

Church was nice, the ward gave all the mothers a potted 'tea rose' plant. I lucked out and got a pink one too! I figured out my trick for teaching the sunbeams, so my lesson went better than last week. The third hour, the RS from another ward came in and did primary so that the teachers could go to our RS for the day. That was kind of fun and they strawberry shortcake for us at the end! We came home and had leftover pizza for lunch and I got to eat my delicious cookie that Jim had bought for me. Lizzie had made a book in her primary class too. It is as follows, "My mom makes the best noodles! I like when my mom snuggles with me! I'm grateful that my mom gave me birth! My favorite thing to do with my mom is to hug her! I love reading Gregory with my mom. I will help my mom by doing the laundry!" How fun is that?!?

The rest of the afternoon we relaxed, I took a nap, the girls played, we watched "Parent Trap", it was a nice Sunday afternoon. Jim and the girls made breakfast for dinner WITH chocolate milk and did all the dishes too. I got to eat off the "You Are Special" plate and use my placemat Mimi made at school. I ended the evening with a great chat with my own Mom who is one of my best friends. I'm thankful to have her in my life and to be her daughter!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love the girls' glasses!!! They are adorable!!