Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Sunday

My cousin, Tasha, has a great crafting blog, Creation Corner.  And every Sunday, she posts a free printable with a great quote and titles the post, "Happy Sunday."  I just love it, celebrating Sunday in a small but heartfelt way.

Anyway, I had a happy Sunday this week.  For the first time in a month, we all went to church!  Jim only stayed for sacrament, but it was nice to all be there together.  I got to play Christmas hymns on the organ--so awesome!!  Then I got to go into Young Women's for a special lesson on music.  They sang more Christmas songs and I got to play some more!  My voice is not so great since I've been sick, so it was nice to play the music and still feel a part of it.

The small blip in my Sunday was after church when Rachel threw the biggest temper tantrum I've seen in a long time because she didn't want to go home.  She wanted to stay at church.  I had to man-handle her all the way out to the car and into her carseat!  But we managed to get home eventually.  I hurried to get some rolls made before I had to go to choir.  I am accompanying the choir this year and the music is a bit of a challenge.  I definitely need to practice some more!!  But it was fun.

In the afternoon, we went out to Moorpark to have dinner with Nana and Papa.  We hadn't been out to see them for awhile, so it was a lot of fun.  Nana let the girls put the decorations on the tree, the girls played their Christmas songs and sang for Nana and Papa and we got to visit with some old friends that stopped by.  It was a very nice evening.

We also took home some of the Scottish items relating to the Davidson clan.  Liz had to do a report on an ancestor from a foreign country, so she learned about Alexander Davidson, her 9th great-grandfather who immigrated from Scotland in the early 1700's.  Charlotte has a piece of the Davidson clan tartan and the Davidson family crest and some other fun items like that.

After we got home and got the kids to bed, I helped Ryan study for a geometry test he needed to make up from when he was sick.  He really didn't even want to take the test and was not looking forward to doing the work, but I knew that this was a chapter that he could do well on.  He ended up doing great on the review work and I could see that it was making sense in his head!!!  Success!!  He felt very confident about taking the test.

It was a good Sunday.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

I love good Sundays. Sometimes they can be tuff. Thanks for your compliment on my Sunday posts. I have been loving finding fun quotes.

Shannon said...

Woohoo for a good Sunday! It seems like with little ones they can be hard to come by. :) Good luck with the choir accompaniment! That would scare me!