Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Miscellaneous Christmas

We have had a busy December thus far.  The advents are all more than halfway done, but we have a lot to show for it so far.  The girls went to the "Happy Birthday Jesus" activity at the Presbyterian church where Rachel goes to preschool.  They had about 7 or 8 crafts set up at different tables.  The girls had a blast making little nativities, christmas bracelets, bedazzled crowns, christmas cards and other fun things.  The little choir also sang.  Liz and Rachel both did a great job and Liz knew all the words.
This last weekend was our ward Christmas party.  They did a breakfast, which was super yummy!!  I sang O Holy Night with another sister in the ward and the kids did the nativity while the Young Women sang the nativity song.  Then they sang too.  Again, Liz did a great job singing.  She was one of the wise people.  Rachel isn't quite in primary yet, so she was in the audience.
On Sunday, the girls and I sang "Infant Holy, Infant Lowly" in church.  They have practiced for the last several weeks and did a wonderful job.  They wanted to do little solos and they did great!!  I really enjoyed singing with my girls this year.  Everyone in the family was dressed for Christmas, but I just can't seem to get a picture before church.  I'm going to try for Christmas day since I know it won't happen again this next Sunday.  But I did take a picture of my hair later in the day because I loved how it turned out!  I curled it with the flat iron and I loved it.  I'm growing out my hair and experimenting with different things all the time.
 Monday for Family Home Evening, we delivered chocolate bread to a lot of friends in our old ward in Oxnard.  It was so fun to see old friends again.  So far I've made two batches of chocolate bread, plus the batch my mom made while here.  It disappears out the door about as fast as I can make it.  Jim took a bunch to work today and we have teachers to give to this week.  Then we'll do friends in our new ward this coming weekend!!  You know it's Christmas time when the house smells like chocolate bread!

And this cute girl came home with a Picasso-like Rudolph hat, so we had to get a picture of that!!!  She has so much fun at school.  Her teacher cracks me up.  She is usually the last teacher to excuse her class at the end of the day.  I think she just has so much fun with the kids that the time gets away from her.  I appreciate her love for her class and especially for Rachel.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow. We do lead parallel lives. :) Love that the girls sang in the choir and at the Christmas party and in church! You are so great to carry on the singing tradition. I feel like it might be dying over here. Sad. I also love Rachel's picaso-ish reindeer hat. That girl is just the cutest! I made another batch of chocolate bread yesterday. I probably have one more to make and lots of delivering to do. It really does make the house smell so Christmasy!

vdhfamtng said...

Awesome! So much fun! Love the crowns, love the Rudolph hat, and LOVE your hair Joy! You're right, it turned out way cute. Merry Christmas!!

Pamela said...

You did have a great hair day! I wish I had the patience to curl my hair. Sounds like you guys are doing lots of Christmas activities. Isn't that what makes the season so fun?!