Thursday, February 23, 2012

President's Day

On the Monday holiday, the girls and I drove down to Newport Beach to celebrate Grandma Snowball's 90th birthday!  I'm so lucky that I grew up near my grandparents and saw them often.  They have always been good examples of living the gospel.  They also have supported me in all of my endeavors.  I remember them coming to concerts and recitals when I was younger.  They even came to one of my flag competitions!
 
All her daughters had spent the weekend with her at the Marriott Resort Villas in Newport Beach and everyone was invited to come on Monday to celebrate.  We got there around 12:30 and ate lunch with some of my cousins and aunts.  The girls were mostly just excited to swim.  They had a huge beautiful pool and there was also a wading pool and a hot tub.  But the big pool was heated and felt great!  The kids and I had a blast swimming.
 
By the time we got out, Grandma B was back.  The kids watched shows while the adults visited.  Later we sang Happy Birthday to Grandma and had cake and ice cream.  Rachel was so serious when we was singing and she knew all the words.
That night, Grandpa Bob came after work and we also got to see Jules and Rick for a bit.  It was a late night by the time we got home, but so much fun to see a lot of family.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Your g'ma is so cute and still lookin' great! I missed seeing your mom when I was there Sunday but I'm glad they're such good daughters and planned a special birthday for their mom :)
Glad you guys had fun!

Shannon said...

So fun! Wish I could have come and seen everyone! We did call and the boys sang really loud to Grandma. :) It sounds like the party was a success and that Grandma had a wonderful time.

Jen said...

Umm... are you SWIMMING outdoors, on President's day? Man, I shouldda moved to California! LOL yea for 32 degree weather- NOT

Pamela said...

Swimming in a heated pool sounds so fun right now! Your grandma sure is looking good for 90!