What a great week!! I got to spend five whole days with my mom and sisters on our weekend getaway! But first, I had to prep my family for me being gone for five whole days. And of course, the weekend I am planning to be gone is the weekend that all sorts of stuff is going on. Liz had a book report due while I was gone, so we got it done and turned it in early. She read a biography on Clara Barton and this is her free school that she started. It grew to over 600 students! Liz also went to her first activity days while I was gone. She also gave a talk on Sunday, so we got that written. Miriam had to memorize an Article of Faith for Sunday, so we practiced that. Valentine's Day was going to be the day after I got back, so we got everything ready for that. The list went on and on. But I managed to get it all done and found places for all of my children after school on all the days. It was a little stressful to say the least.
I headed out Wednesday evening and just drove down to my mom's. We got up early Thursday morning and drove to Salt Lake. It was fun hanging out in the car with Jules and my mom. Jules and I found my mom's twin at the bathrooms at State Line. I was washing my hands and this lady walked in who was dressed similar to Mom and had blond curly hair pulled half up! I waited and watched as Jules came out of the stall and almost started talking to the lady. Then we were trying to laugh quietly so the lady wouldn't think we were laughing at her!! We came out to the car and told mom to hurry inside to see her twin. Mom came out a few minutes later and says, "I got her picture!" Seriously, she walked up to her and said that her daughters thought they looked alike and could she please get a picture with her!
We spent the evening at Shannon's house. She fed us dinner and we celebrated her's and Mel's birthdays with presents and chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Yum! Then we went to our awesome hotel. We had a large room with two queens and a sofa pullout. There was lots of room and plenty of mirror and counter space for everyone! The hotel had coffee, tea and hot chocolate available in the lobby all the time and cookies and milk in the evening, so we had a night cap each night. We stayed up late talking and just hanging out.
Friday, we enjoyed the lovely breakfast at the hotel and then got ourselves ready for the day. Jules had made a couple appointments at bridal stores and we started out at Gateway Bridal. She pulled a few off the rack to try on, but fell in love with the second dress she tried! It really is beautiful and she looked like a bride! She was so thrilled with the dress, she cancelled her other appointments. We went next door and had lunch at Jason's Deli, which was just awesome. Fresh and delicious. Then we drove down to Fashion Place Mall for some more shopping. I found my favorite lipstick color at Bare Essentials and Shannon and Mel found the right colors for their Bare Mineral starter kit that Mom gave them for their birthdays. We also browsed Crate and Barrel and hit up See's. By the time we were done, we were all pretty tired and went back to the hotel for some down time and Scramble with Friends. That evening we saw "We Bought a Zoo" which was cute and fun and made me cry. For dinner, we tried out Iggy's, which was great. Everyone enjoyed their food and our server was awesome. It was a fun evening.
Saturday morning, I made use of the very nice fitness facility and got a great workout. Then we got ourselves ready for some more shopping. We shopped Valentine's Day cards and make up bags at Target, then went to Deseret Book and Distribution. I found the new temple dress I want, but need to order my size online. Jules got all of her temple clothes. I bought Liz's scriptures with her name on them for her baptism this summer and then found some fun new game books for the girls' church bags. Then we had a delicious lunch at Cafe Rio!! Super yum! After lunch, we shopped one more temple dress store, where Mom found her new temple dress. Then we headed back to the hotel. We stayed in for dinner that night and worked on the center pieces for Jules reception, with some help from Natalie! Only one minor burn, but they turned out so cute, it was worth it!
Sunday, we had a quiet morning and then went to church with Shannon. Ian was conducting sacrament meeting and asked us to sing. So we sang, "As Sisters In Zion" and mom accompanied us. After church, we had another yummy dinner at Shannon's house and then played the game "Things" after the kids went to bed. We said goodbye to Shannon and went back to the hotel. We were pretty tired at that point, so we got mostly packed up and went to bed!
Monday, we loaded up and headed out. We made good time and got to Mom's house before 5. Dad fixed us dinner and then I got to run over and hold my friend Aimee's not quite a week old baby!! That was just wonderful. Then I got on the road one more time and finally made it home before 9pm. Jim helped me finish getting the girls' Valentines ready and then we went to bed. He was pretty exhausted from his weekend of being a single parent! It was a great trip and I'm so grateful to my mom for helping to make it happen and all the people at home who watched my kids and gave rides when needed!!!
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment